December 1, 2009

"Solitude: A Sweet Absence of Looks" - Milan Kundera




Loneliness is transmittable.

"Ray, we need to talk."

"Sure, what's up?"

"I went to the doctor this morning, and I got some shocking news......"

"What is it?"

"I can't believe you gave that disease to me."

"Which disease?" (Goes through mental rolodex of past relationships ... Panic starting to set in......)

"Loneliness.  It's communicable."

". . . . ."

"You probably want to start calling other people you're in a relationship with.   Let them know about the diagnosis."

"What?  Are you on acid right now?"

"It's true.  It's in the Washington Post, and they reported Watergate, so it's got to be valid." 

"You're shitting me."

"Get it checked out.   Based on your history, you're a regular Typhoid Moody."

No comments:

Post a Comment